You want to promote your page or product and are looking for a creative marketing instrument?
Online jigsaw puzzles are a fun way to engage your audience and pimp your Facebook Page. This article explains how to create a custom-made interactive jigsaw puzzle and post in on your Facebook feed.
If you are in hurry, jump to the “Creating the online puzzle” section.
Jigsaw puzzles are universal
Jigsaw puzzles are a perfect way to promote your brand or engage your community. Everybody knows how to play, from kids to seniors. The players must constantly focus on your picture and there is nothing more satisfying than putting the last puzzle piece.
Combine the above with an eye-catching text and you have the right formula for a viral post.
How to create and publish a jigsaw Facebook post
Finding the right picture
To find the right picture for an online jigsaw puzzle you should consider the following aspects:
- Image – Many users play the online puzzle on a small phone screen. If the picture has too many small details, it might be hard for some users. Keep this in mind when choosing your picture.
- Colors – Prefer pictures with colorful background-colors to avoid having too many one color pieces. Black and white or monochrome pictures might create difficult puzzles.
- Size – Select pictures with a good pixel resolution. The size for the smallest dimension should be at least 600px. When looking for images via Google Image search, use the Search Tools, and select large pictures.
- Ratio – The pictures should have a rather squared format to fit a desktop screen as well as a mobile phone in both orientations (recommended ratio 4:3).
Once you’ve found the right picture, make sure to save it on your device. If the picture is not yours, please make sure that the picture is not copyright protected.
Creating the online puzzle
- Go to the I’m a Puzzle website.
- Click on and select the picture you’ve just saved.
- Select the puzzle mode and difficulty. Make sure that the puzzle difficulty is compatible with your audience. If you plan to do several posts, you should start with an easy or medium puzzle and increase the difficulty once your community gets used solving it.
- Click the button.
- On the share screen, give a title to your puzzle. The title will appear on the post link and can’t be changed afterwards.
- (Optional) You can click on “more options…” to change the post’s share image by dragging the sliders.
- Click the button.
- Once the upload is finished you can share it on different Social Networks. Click the Share on Facebook button to open the Facebook share dialog. You might need to log in to Facebook if you haven’t done it already.
- Select where you want to Share (Feed, Group, etc.) and enter the text. Facebook loads the Share Image automatically.
3 tips for a successful post
- Post text – The post text should have a call to action, e.g.: Tap here to play. The users must understand it is a puzzle to play and not only a picture.
- Share image – Make sure that the share image matches your intention.
Are the users solving an enigma? Then make sure that the pieces are scrambled.
Are you showing an image that the users relate to? Then make sure that a considerable portion of the puzzle is completed.
- Request feedback – Actively motivate your readers to comment or like the post to multiply your post’s exposure.
We wish you success and lots of fun in your Facebook post. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.